Thursday, August 19, 2010

For Friend in a hard situation











Basic Grey Infuse "Purity" and "Salt" Paper
Brown Card Stock
Martha Stewart Brown ink
Basic Grey Brad from June Bug Collection
Martha Stewart Arch Lattice Edge paper punch
Martha Stewart Ribbon
Occasions sentiment vellum pad
Xacto knife and cutting pad
pencil
your choice of adhesives


Basic Gray Brad folded around as ribbon slider. You can cut off the ends with wire cutter, but I like the look of it, Or just skip it all together.


I think the only thing that needs explaining here may be the flowers hugging the ribbon. I marked the ribbon placement lightly with a pencil, then, I simply cut around everything in the way then inked the cut areas to hide the white edges.


I inked all over to add an antiqued look. The frame was made using a rectangle mat first, added the sentiment, then tucking the punched pieces along the side, and adding 4 cut triangles of the same card stock for the corners.  


Inking note: When using the ink for antiquing I use a damp baby wipe to blend when it looks over patterned, or blotchy.


I adore this card, I am happy with how it turned out.
I hope it inspires you, please comment!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell me what you think and leave your blog URL, I love to visit back!!!;)